We're now a month into the new membership year of the Queenstown Climbing Club so please remember to renew your membership. Remember that the club is here to help you and any money received by the club all gets ploughed back into local climbing - mostly for the benefit of local climbers, and to help promote Queenstown as an international climbing destination. This year the club has a much larger committee to 'spread the load' of work, and to expand the club's acitivities. There's a lot of work went on, and continuing since the formation of it a few years ago :
- Maintaining access to existing crags
- Developing new crags
- Working on access and advocacy issues both locally and nationally
- Club meets
- Subsidised courses such as ice climbing in July
- Bolting Fund to develop and maintain routes
- Many more outings planned this coming year (see upcoming blog post this weekend)
- Projects such as the superb Wye Creek toilet
- Producing guidebooks to the area
- Working on agreements with organisations such as Department of Conservation
- The club is also now a registered charity meaning more money can be kept within the club, and provides us the opportunity to apply for funding and grants from local and national bodies
The club is run entirely by volunteers so and all money is ploughed back into local climbing and developing Queenstown's climbing reputation.
You can renew your membership by clicking on the Membership link on the menu and sending us the completed downloaded form.